Monday, June 27, 2011

True Grit

Well first off I have to admit I LOVE a good western and I was really excited to see True Grit in the theater but it just didn't happen.  So last night's Red Box excitement was non other than True Grit.  I loved every minute of it!  Jeff Bridges did an awesome job (I now know why he was nominated), Matt Damon pulled off the western cowboy role quite well, and I thought Hailee Steinfeld stole the show, what an up and comer!  Loved the sense of adventure and chase that was portrayed quite well.  So worth seeing if you love a good western and I really think you would enjoy it even if you don't!

I have been told that the original was better so I think that will be next on the Red Box.  I will let you know what I think ;)

Rated PG-13

*Violence - shoot outs (what else do you expect in a good western)
*Some Language

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this movie! I watched it again just the other night. The old one was good for different reasons. I honestly think to compare the two is like comparing apples and oranges.

    ReplyDelete